Have you Googled your website or one of your website pages lately? Were you able to find even one page? Well, if you don’t see your pages on Google, chances are Google doesn’t see them either. And if Google can’t see you, then nobody else can either. Are you looking for qualified professional advice to improve your SEO? Think Forward Media is here to help! Today, we will look at some proven ways that will help you attract visitors that you can turn into leads who might very well become customers in time. One of the first questions to ask is how do people search for what they are looking for on the internet? Any marketer who understands how and why people search for whatever they are searching for will be unquestionably head and heels above their competitors.
Keywords are words and phrases that people use to search the internet. You should have a primary keyword and at least one or more secondary keywords. Let’s take a look at how this might work.
Imagine that someone is searching for a new home in Orlando, Florida. Sitting in front of a PC or mobile device, they enter the search string, Real Estate in Orlando Florida, which though a bit on the general side, is a good example of a longtail keyword. Consumers who use longtail keywords are about to pull the cash out of their wallets. They know what they want, and they know where and how to find it. The search string is specific; someone wants to buy some type of real estate in Orlando. This is an important function to understand when optimizing web pages for local search. So, how do you attract your target market to your website? By searching various available keyword planning tools to find out what keywords people are using to find your niche.
Keyword Planner Tools
There are many more keyword planning tools available, but we’ve chosen three for you to explore.
The page title is the first thing a user sees in search results. It’s going to tell searchers whether or not that page is worth opening, so it should accurately reflect the content on that page. It’s still one of the highest priorities of Google’s search crawlers.
Things to Keep in Mind When Creating a Page Title
- Keep the page title under 60 or 70 characters. If it’s any longer, users won’t be able to see it.
- Ensure the page title includes one primary keyword and that it appears before any secondary or longtail keywords.
- Separate keywords with pipes (|).
- Each webpage needs a distinct, unique title.
- Do not include your business name in page titles unless it’s the Home Page or Contact Us page.
Meta descriptions are the small portion of text below the page title of search results that briefly depict the web page narrative. Although this is not an important element for the Google crawlers when ranking webpages, Google does evaluate click-through rates from the meta snippet. And they better match. It needs to be succinct and compelling enough to induce users to click through to where the best part is still to come.
Meta Description Guidelines
- Limit the description to 150 characters.
- Use the primary keyword with secondary keywords where possible.
- Don’t overstuff keywords – It’s tempting, but keyword stuffing anywhere on your website is a red flag for the Google algorithms.
- Include a reason why someone should click through and open your webpage.
The URL is your website address. It should contain your primary keyword and, according to Moz, is limited to 2,083 characters.
Characteristics of a Working URL = protocol://domain-name.top-level-domain/path
- Protocol indicates how a browser should look up an address as in HTTP or HTTPS.
- The domain name is where the website is located.
- Is it .com, .org, or .edu? That part of the address defines a type of category and is known as TLD or top-level down.
Another important component of any SEO is the magic of backlinks. Links are the highway that connects one site to another. Links make the internet a vital living organism much the same way that veins and arteries sustain human life. Links are the means Google spiders can travel from one web page to another to rank according to current algorithm parameters. A backlink, more specifically, is a link from an authoritative site to your site. For example, if you could get a backlink from a top-dog digital marketing figure such as Neil Patel, Rand Fishkin, or Matt Cutts, you would establish credibility beyond your wildest expectations.
- Confirms you’re an established authority
- Establishes your trustworthiness with the internet audience
- Corroborates your association with like-minded authorities in your field of expertise
Header tags are nothing less than a way to identify the text that follows. Headers help break up a page of content so that users can quickly scan and see if anything in the content will help them with whatever solution they are searching for.
- Format every page with an H1 heading tag that includes a primary keyword. For example, the H1 tag on this page is 7 Ways to Improve SEO Rankings and User Experience.
- The H1 header should reinforce the content that follows or at least confirm the page title and URL.
- The H1 header should appear first and be the first thing people see.
- H2 headers separate blocks of text and help users decide if what follows is something they are interested in reading.
- H3 tags help identify any subtext within the block of text following the H2 headers.
Header tags may have had more ranking influence than today but remain an important factor for improving user experience.
Call to Action
People visit your website for a reason. They have a need, and you appear as if you might be able to fulfill it. But if your pages do not include any call-to-action buttons, you will lose out on a possible lead. The main thing to know about CTA’s is that every page on your website should have at least one. If the page is so long that viewers need to keep scrolling to read, you should definitely have more than one. Think of multiple CTA’s as gentle reminders for viewers to become more engaged. Remember that you will get many more responses if you are prepared to give away an eBook, a webinar, or a subscription to your blog.
If you follow these 7 SEO Tips, your search engine ranking will improve dramatically.
If you’re looking to upgrade your SEO with an award-winning company that can get your site moving to the top of the search engine pages, contact us now!
We also have a surprise coming up that we are so excited about and can’t wait to tell you! But for now, it’s a secret! Come back in October 2021 to see!