Website Think Forward Media
Who We Are
Think Forward Media is a growing ECommerce and Development company with a growing portfolio of high end ECommerce websites.
The Web Developer will report to the VP Technology and is responsible for understanding the unique needs are requirements of our clients and provide them with tailored solutions. The successful candidate will have careful attention to detail and can work to a deadline. You will also look to enhancing existing systems by identifying areas for modification and improvement through analysis of business strategies and development of action plans. Finally, you will articulate complex technical topics for non-technical audiences.
Attitude and aptitude takes precedence over a perfect technical match.
- Develop features and improvements for various client websites
- Add/update/remove content from existing websites through code or a CMS system
- Work closely with the VP Technology to create timelines for new projects
- Help to write clear documentation that is easily understood by everyone.
- Implement bug fixes
- Work with other team members to integrate components.
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong focus on delivering high quality code
- Expert level knowledge of HTML5, HTML,PHP and CSS
- Intermediate SQL language skills
- Knowledge of common performance issues and tuning best practices
- Knowledge of MVC design patterns
- Solid knowledge of version control software (Git)
- Experience with AWS, and NGINX a plus
- At least 2 years of PHP programming Experience
Nice To Have
- Developing experience with the laravel framework
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Proficiency in WordPress, OpenCart, and Magento
- Understanding of auto-scaling and load balancing
- Experience creating custom components/modules/plug-ins to integrate with CMS-based websites
- Familiarity with Web infrastructure technologies like SSL, DNS
- Scripting knowledge with Shell, Bash, or Perl
- Competitive dental and health Benefits
- Free parking pass
- Free coffee and snacks to keep you coding all day
- Walk breaks to keep your body happy
- Positive work environment
- Develop skills that will enhance your career
- PHP: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Barrie, ON (Preferred)
License or certification:
- Driver’s Licence (Required)
- English (Required)
How to Apply
Along with your resume and cover letter please provide at least 2 samples of work you have done and a short description of why you feel it demonstrates your fit for this position.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.